As good as dead by Holly Jackson (Book Review)

 














Young Adult|Thriller|Mystery|Crime|Love| Family|Serial Killers|crime|investigation|Stalker.



Holly Jackson

Delacorte Press

Random House  Children's Books

2021

437 pages

55 chapters.







Teen prodigy, Pippa Fitz Amobi, continues her adventure in this third book. Except the adventure is to save herself from her trauma and drug-dependency on Xanax. Guilt and Trauma eat deep on Pip the good until she morphs into something more. It doesn't help that a popular serial killer , DT killer, who is supposed to be in jail is after her life. 




    As good as dead is the final book in the trilogy, and it was a worthy ending. Wow!!! It was captivating and it did keep me at the edge of my seat. Although I do wish that Pip didn't make some choices. But those mistakes and flaws even made her character more human like. Our good girl became dead and then became this bad girl that we all had to root for.  Also I can't wait for the trilogy to be adapted for TV. Really, I think it would be a good idea. 

  I think the writing style of Holly Jackson matured over time, which is a good thing to see. I also love the cover and the input of the pictures in the book. I was satisfied with the ending anyway, it was happy but...it was satisfying. And even up till now I am not so sure if I am on Pip's and Ravi's side or not.  But we all need a friend like Ravi Singh. 

 I would rate this book a 9/10, the plot is mind blowing and all so well connected and not cliché, not at all. Even the plans were executed so well. So far so good, As good as dead has been my best read  this month.

Comments

Popular Posts