See You Yesterday(Book Review)

 



New adult|Romance|Young Adult|Time travel|Time loop|College|Jewish|Japanese|Physics|Journalism|Movies|Pop culture


Suitable for ages 17 and above✨

⚠ panic attacks, sexual harrasments,Ghastly road accident.

Simon & Schuster

Rachel Lynn Solomon

369 pages

32 chapters










What do you do when you are stuck in a time loop? Live your best life or fall in love?

Palm springs (2021 movie ) meets Groundhog day in the sweet quirky New adult/Young adult romance.





 It is Tuesday, Barret Bloom, future journalist and MC with a super great sense of humour, is finally in college, University of Washington where she thinks she is going to be a new person and start a new life, free from her horrible high school past. She had moved into Olmstead, her residential hall and gotten quite a hang of the fungi infested washrooms and her mouldy room with water stains. She even took four bowls of pasta from the dinning area, with her back up the stairs. Until she wakes up on Wednesday and finds out her worst enemy from high school is her roommate, flops her interview for the school paper and had a terrible first class, she even crashes a party and accidentally sets a frat house on fire. Barret flees from the worst day of her life literally to Olmstead and then she wakes up on September 21st, Wednesday, the worst day a freshman could ever ask for again.






Oh! Em! Gee!!!!!!!

I haven't fallen in love with a book this much in a while!

Rachel Lynn Solomon is a wiz. I have loved all her YA characters and books. But this one, this one is the best I have read yet, I still haven't read two YA titles from her yet. But really reading See you yesterday was wonderful!

This book was on my list of 22 books I can't wait to read in 22. It was love at first sight, I fell in love with the cover, and then the synopsis and then fell in love with the characters while reading the book itself. Although it did get a little bit boring in dome parts, I loved reading the book as a whole. It was quirky, funny and sweet. I loved the characters Barrett and Miles. 

I also liked that one of my favourite pop songs of all time was in the book, Run away with my Carly Rae Jepson. 

I really want to see this book in a movie. Barret and Miles, should be like the new Gabriella and Troy or the new Bella and Edward, yh something like that. And the ending, the best happy ending, I could ever hope for. I don't like happy endings but...

I am smitten!

Five stars!!!!!

19/20


Comments

Popular Posts