Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins-Book Reveiw

 




Harper Price is the girl of your dreams, SGA president, soon to be homecoming Queen, ambitious, fearless, president of almost every board in school, selfless. But on the night she was sure she was going to be Homecoming Queen, a drastic change occurs in her life. She experiences the death of her janitor after he weirdly kisses her, she kills her history teacher with her heels and she becomes a super hero uh...paladin. Because her janitor kissed her.

    



I have always wanted to read Rebel Belle, because:

  1. The title was intriguing

  2. The cover was also equally intriguing.



And then the first line was definitely a hooker, complete with eye drawing popping pouty lips and red slutty lips enough to attract you to read on;


LOOKING BACK, none of this would have happened if I’d brought lip gloss the night of the Homecoming Dance.


But for some reason...I got stuck at the third chapter for months while I moved on to other books on my TBR list.

Well...I finally decided to finish it and while reading I was loving it, but the ending wasn't really for me. Nahhh.

I must say the story isn't a conventional story, though predictable, although I never predicted  Ryan being in the whole trio. 

What trio? No spoilers… Also who is Ryan? Uh...before we get into that.

Rebel Belle was fun to read really. The whole mixture of high school life and greek mythology? Cool. However it was really predictable. Also...I didn't like the ending!  Also there were some parts which were really not realistic. Also I am wondering what kind of sister Harper Price is. Because she didn't seem affected by her sister's death. She was always avoiding bring her sister in the story, except from when she really had to talk about it for a back story, as to explain why she was trying to be perfect. And I think the only time she showed emotion about it was when Mary Beth confronted her. Not very realistic of the character I think.

Also David and Harper kissing on Cotillion night really? 

It would have been better if Saylor Stark pretended to be a single mother and a widow tho.

Well...overall Rebel Belle was an exciting read. 



I give it a 6/10

Comments

Popular Posts