Dual Review. One of is lying and One of is next.

 



So… I finally decided to give this duology a try, after spotting it here and there on some bookstagram accounts.





One of us is lying, I read the one published by Penguin , 282 pages three parts and an epilogue. 

One of us is lying,is a Young adult thriller novel. And I fi d.it really suitable for the ages fourteen and upward.

   Karen M McManus did a great job with the book! Although starting it was ki d of tedious. Words were all over the place and not so fluid( to me) and the introduction if the characters were confusing. I didn't quite get the whole picture until the 15th page or so.

   However the plot was mind blowing! And yeah of course no plot holes. The book was really realistic, down to every last detail. And I liked the characters. OMG! I love Nate. He is my favorite character. I like his indifference and sacarsm and how good he really is and I really sympathized with Nate's character. Brownyn and Nate's love was really cute, the slow burn, the kisses, I really want a stand alone novel about them.

Anyways no more spoilers… Ha!

18/20





One of us next, isn't the kind of sequel that does better than the first book, but it was still nice to read. I actually read one from Delacorte (underlined) , but because u like this cover better, I decided to use the penguin cover for this blog post. There were new characters together with Brownyn's Sister Maeve. And the Main characters from  One of us is lying were just I'm the background, sadly. Although we got to see what had become of them, they weren't just MCs. 293 pages and two parts. I liked that there finally someone with brown skin, even though it was just a supporting character.

   Overall, Karen's writing style is cool and addictive in a way and most importantly she writes realistically which I love.

18/20

Comments

Popular Posts