Finding Yvonne by Brandy Colbert (book reveiw)





Ever since I read Little and Lion, I have been craving Brandy Colbert. I am going to read all of her books , just the same way  as I am dedicated to reading all of Siobhan Vivian's books. I have read about eight books by Siobhan Vivian including the burn for burn trilogy. Finding Yvonne is the second book of Brandy that I have read and I want to read more.

I like that it was quick and entertaining, it wasn't gripping but yet it wasn't boring. These days , I am a reader and.  I only read the first sentence, to check if it will pull me in, if it doesn't ,I drop the book. The first sentence, There are three things I know about my father. Was able to keep me hooked, and I liked that. 




Although, I just didn't understand some of the characters like Warren, maybe it is because,I am not African American or "Black" , but I just didn't get why , he was so worked up about not being called black, I thought what if he was called black, would he call it racist? I think I understand now that I am writing it, because being black is part of his identity and he wanted to be on the cover , when everyone was aware that he was black. But his dad isn't black. And I don't get why he was happy his step siblings were from a blavk mother.  Anyway, Finding Yvonne was an enjoyable read , overall and I liked it. Brandy Colbert knows her words.


Comments

Popular Posts